Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My obsession with the mail

Ok, so this is WAY pathetic but I'm going to write about it anyway. Like I've mentioned before, five of my best friends are on missions right now (the fifth one just left today). So naturally, mail is kind of a big deal for me. Sometimes I'll check it three or four times a day before the mailman will actually get there. Last Wednesday I was waiting on a letter from one of my friends and I saw the mailman pull up from the kitchen window. I waited for him to drive away and then sprinted out to the mailbox. Seriously, you think Usain Bolt is fast? I totally would've creamed him. There sitting on the stack of junk mail were 2 letters! It was like Christmas morning when Santa Claus brings you exactly what you asked for. It was great. It's so sad on the days when I don't get anything because I'll walk out to the mailbox with an elevated heartrate (I told you this was pathetic) and then I'll find nothing but junk mail and I'll walk back to the house all dejected. I really hope the neighbors don't make a habit out of staring out their windows. I'm sure I'm a sight to behold.

No comments: