Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm going to Peru!


So here's the story. I talked to Dr. Rollings, the anatomy and physiology teacher at SLCC, who happens to be the president of the Tropical Pathology and Infectious Disease Association (TPIDA for short). He takes students on medical trips to Peru five times a year. Students who go get to participate in actual medical procedures. Things as varied as treating Malaria to delivering babies. Dr. Rollings called me yesterday and invited me to go on the trip with him in June! Are you kidding me? I can't even believe it! I'm a little nervous about it at this point but SO excited! Doing humanitarian service is something I've always been looking forward to once I become a nurse but I never thought I would be able to go now. I'm so so so thankful for this amazing opportunity I've been given to have this adventure. I can't wait!

No comments: