Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My favorite TV show



My sisters and I are obsessed with The Secret Life of the American Teenager. What I've heard from most people is that they don't like it because it's all about sex. Well, I won't disagree that there is a lot of sex in that show (not like you actually watch people have sex, just rumors that float around school and stuff) but there's more to it than that.

The show is about a 15-year-old girl, Amy Juergens, who finds out she got pregnant by a boy named Ricky while they were at band camp. Meanwhile, she's falling in love with another boy, Ben who is the most awkward, cute, funny kid I've ever seen. He knows she's pregnant and is willing to do whatever it takes to make her happy, even if it includes not seeing her for awhile as she plans to go away to have the baby. Her parents are also in the middle of a nasty seperation because her Dad cheated on her Mom. It's full of drama but hey, such is life.

The show is really about how to handle life when it doesn't turn out the way you plan. I think that's a good lesson to learn because let's face it, life never turns out the way you plan. It's also about accepting people for who they are and not judging them by the mistakes they've made. If you haven't seen it, watch it. Tuesday nights at 6, MST of course, on abcfamily.

No comments: