Monday, August 18, 2008

Have you ever felt like this?


The other night as we were getting ready to eat dinner, Ian put a bushel of grapes onto his plate. Attached to this bushel of red, juicy grapes whas a lone little green one. I took a picture of it first because I thought it was cool but also because there are a lot of times in our lives where we become that little green grape. All alone in a sea of people and circumstances with no real insight as to how we got there in the first place or how to escape. We spend so much time trying to be a red grape, we forget how cool it is to be a green one. I've been trying really hard lately to accept my green-ness. One of the ways I do it, that really sounds way too easy but I promise it works, is to simply tell myself that I accept it. You see, your mind and your body don't like to be in opposition with each other. If you start telling yourself something, eventually it will be true simply because you said it is. So be that green grape! Love the person who stares back at you in the mirror (with or without makeup) and remember that you were created to be you, not just another red grape.

No comments: