Friday, November 22, 2013

Ok, it's time to start treating our bodies like we're 25...

I had a lot of time to sit and think yesterday. That's sometimes a good thing, sometimes not, but it always makes me want to write.

I got bamboozled into taking a R.I.P.P.E.D class last night. I went to a Relief Society activity having been promised a "fun, light workout" but it was not that. I'm sure I looked pretty sad by the end of it since my butt was thoroughly whipped, but I made it. And I really didn't hate it either. I've also started taking Zumba classes. I average only about twice a week, but it beats sitting on the couch watching Criminal Minds. It's no secret Ian and I have put on quite a bit of weight since we've been married. I take most of the responsibility, since I like to eat crap. Ian likes it too, but it seems like he's much better at resisting than I am. I kind of had a meltdown the other night and we decided it was time to quit making excuses and make some changes.

I decided to pick some motivational pictures out.

Here's some before pictures:

On one of our camping trips this summer.
We're both thinner than we were here, I just love Ian's face in this one.
This guy loves me.


Here's the goal pictures:

I think I weighed about 160 here.
This guy is smokin' hot. 
I think a lot of my new found motivation comes from my dad's efforts the past couple years. I can hardly believe the difference:

This was at my wedding almost 3 1/2 years ago.
One of his FB friends uploaded this a few days ago.
Bud's not even gonna recognize him when he gets home.

I know the 2nd one's not the best quality, but I was trying to find something recent since it seems like someone posts a picture of him and then he loses more weight. We talked about it a little last night when I told him I went to that class, and he told me about how much he's noticed his strength improve and he likes getting sore because it means he's getting stronger. I love my dad no matter what shape or size he is, but it's been fun to brag about him and watch the people who haven't seen him in awhile look at him in amazement. He's pretty much a big deal. :)

So here's some things I've learned so far:

1. My craving for sweets after every meal is mostly habitual. If I don't indulge it, it goes away and I don't really miss it.

2. If it is one of those days where I just need a brownie and no one gets hurt, one will do. I don't need or really even want more than that.

3. I enjoy working out. It's that whole "energy of activation" thing. If I can get motivated enough to get moving, it's no big deal.

4. It's 90% mental. I've learned that our minds and bodies don't like to be out of sync. If I tell myself that I want to eat healthy and I want to go to the gym, I usually do it.

5. Like most people, my mind confuses hunger and thirst all the time. I need to drink water first and then, if I still feel hungry, eat something.

I would say it's all pretty basic, and it's sad that it's taken me this long to start taking it seriously, but I guess better now when I can still do it pretty easily.

1 comment:

Colton H Mathews said...

This is great Cori. I hope you guys the best. I need to buckle down and do something similar. You got this girl. good luck!