Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Waitin' On This For Awhile Now...

It's high time for me to NOT look at those pictures from my last post anymore. Eeesh!

The title of this is a quote from one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands, Imagine Dragons. I have followed these guys since they played to small crowds at The Velour in Provo, and every success they have just makes my heart happy for them. They just released the music video this week:



I was thinking about this as it came on Pandora today. I registered for my first semester of nursing school yesterday and I was humbled as I looked at the classes to reflect on just how far I've come. I say over and over again how I knew when I started this that it wouldn't turn out how I thought it would. I'm just not sure I realized how different it really would be. I'm so incredibly grateful for this process, both the "payin' my dues to the dirt" and the feeling of being "on top of the world" (ey!)

I can't even convey my excitement that the holiday season is upon us again. It's my favorite time of year. I joke with Ian whenever I see Christmas commercials or decorations before Thanksgiving. I point to it and say, "Christmas craaaap!" The other day he answered, "What are you talking about? You love Christmas more than anyone I know." It's true. I love everything about Christmas. I love the music; I love shopping for (or making) the perfect gift for each member of my family; I love the Christmas casserole we eat for breakfast every Christmas morning; I love that I still get jammies on Christmas Eve, and I especially love the quiet moments I have to reflect on why we celebrate the season in the first place. I've never been able to sleep on Christmas eve. I'm a kid on Christmas and I get to experience the pure joy of it all.

No comments: