Saturday, December 7, 2013

The holiday season...

A friend of mine posted this awesome video on Facebook today. I'm a huge fan of the original song, and the lyric change in this one is simply beautiful. I can honestly say it's my new favorite Christmas song.



I listened to the song while I was making some mac n' cheese for lunch and I opened the window to see this:

Out my back window

There's something magical about the first snow fall of the season. Ok, technically it's the second, but I wasn't awake for the first one so I'm counting this. I get so giddy when I look out the window to see big flakes falling to the ground. One of my favorite sights is the snow blanketing the leafless branches of the trees. It looks so pure. I watched the storm with lyrics about the birth and life of Christ playing in the background, and was filled to the brim with gratitude. "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow." How grateful I am for the Christmas season and for the chance to reflect every day on the best gift of all--the gift of a person, a brother, who gave us the ability to repent of our sins and return to our Father in Heaven. Hallelujah!

No comments: