Monday, April 25, 2011

My 100th Post!

So I'm getting a little bored with the 30 days thing, but I'm determined to finish it, even though it's probably already been 30 days.... haha! So Day 15 is about my dreams. I was thinking about the song from Cinderella:


A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling thru
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true



I don't know why I thought about that, it's been probably 10 years (or longer) since I've seen Cinderella but I kind of like the lyrics. I think it's important to dream. As you read in a previous post, I decided I can't plan anymore (well, I can but I can't expect things to turn out exactly as planned), but I can definitely still dream. I have lots of dreams. Some are only semi-serious, like drive a BMW, buy a beach house, and make millions, but some are more realistic like have a family, become a successful nurse, and other things of that nature.


One of my dreams that I'm particularly fond of is after nursing school, I want to go help people in a 3rd world country. There's a pediatrician in American Fork who goes 2 or 3 times a year to different parts of the world to teach people how to resuscitate babies. Can you imagine being one of the people in those countries where the mortality rate is so high, especially in children, and be given this great knowledge? I can't imagine what a great blessing that would be. I want to be a part of that.  I want to give people the gift of medicine, and change lives. 


I'm still not sure how I'm going to achieve all these dreams, but I guess that's just all part of the fun.

No comments: