Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 13: this week, and thoughts on a common Frenemy

This week is probably going to be crazy! I have an Anatomy test tomorrow afternoon, and 2 lab finals on Wednesday. The reason this is going to be so crazy is because I've done what most college students do: (also what I'm doing right this moment) procrastinated... Yep. I don't know why I feel the need to leave everything until the last possible moment and settle for lower scores on tests, but I do. It's not that I really do anything worthwhile with the time anyway... I just can't seem to find the motivation. Part of it, admittedly, has to do with a particularly nasty case of seasonal affected disorder in the winter, but the sun's out now. The motivation just isn't coming...

I found a great article that appeared on MSNBC on Friday about procrastination. Go here to read it.
My favorite part is the last paragraph:

"Willpower is like a muscle. It can be strengthened to help you beat procrastination, no matter your personality.  Reaffirm your values. Remind yourself that you really do need to work out, see the doctor, sign up for your 401K. Validate that these things are important to your life, your health and wealth, and when you put them off, you aren’t living your best life."


So, with finals approaching, I urge you all to close those Facebook windows and go do some studying. I hope I can keep up! Happy studying and good luck! 

No comments: