Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

Ok, I'm not doing so well with this blogging thing. Working retail in December really doesn't leave time for much else, sorry. I thought with it being 2009, I'd set some new goals for this year. The "old year's resolutions" that I set in October sadly didn't turn out so well. In fact, I had to go back to that post to remember what the 3rd goal was. I do have $2,000 in the bank right now though so I guess one out of three really isn't too bad, right? I'm determined not to give up on this year's New Year's resolutions however, so here we go:

1. Exercise every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning at 7 AM (except on the days that I go snowboarding).
If I set a specific time for this one, I'm thinking it'll actually happen. You all just watch out, I'm gonna be a babe! Side note: Ian suggested that I start doing the "6 months to sexy" diet in August. That's the diet that all the missionaries do so they aren't fat when they get home. Do you think that's some kind of hint?



2. Eat 3 servings of vegetables per day.
I really suck at eating vegetables! For some reason, they don't taste very good to me so my diet mostly consists of carbs (although, carbs are the body's preferred food source so you gotta give me some credit) but this year that's gonna change. I'm gonna eat plenty of vegetables.



3. Write in my gratitude journal every day



Melissa gave me a gratitude journal for Christmas and every day I'm supposed to write down what I'm thankful for. She's been doing a lot better at it than I am but I want to be more aware of what the Lord has blessed me with every day so I'm going to start being more consistent with it.

That's all for now. I am determined not to let this year go by without accomplishing all these goals. ta ta for now!

No comments: