Monday, January 12, 2009

Quote of the day



I decided to start doing a quote of the day on my blog. I know it's a little cliche but I find that some of the wisest words we'll ever hear come in forms that we never expected. So I'm going to google search a quote every day and post it. I never thought I would be quoting Gillian Anderson from the X-files but she's the winner today:

"Well, it seems to me that the best relationships -
the ones that last - are
frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship.
You know, one day you look at
the person and you see something more than you
did the night before. Like a
switch has been flicked somewhere. And the
person who was just a friend is...
suddenly the only person you can ever
imagine yourself with."

I like this one because this is always how I've pictured myself falling in love. Being best friends with someone and, maybe not necessarily suddenly, but finding out that this person whom I swore I could never be more than friends with, is the only person I want to be with forever.


No comments: