Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Making Christmas "cute"

I really struggle with making Christmas cute. I don't decorate. My idea of decorations is a little mini Christmas tree that comes with lights already on it. I suck at wrapping presents. Really, they're just going to rip off the paper and throw it in the garbage. What's the big idea behind trying to find the biggest bow on this continent to put on it? And don't even get me started on curling ribbon. The sound used to make me cry as a baby and I get pretty close sometimes as an adult. Well, gracing my family room right now is a lovely fake Christmas tree held up by a plasic stand. Last night we noticed it was leaning to the left ever so slightly. I stood up to straighten it and heard a loud "pop". It turns out that the stand had completely cracked, thus requiring me to hold the tree up. We were able to lift it and unhook the stand but the only option was to lean it up against the window. Blast these cute Christmases!! Maybe things will change once I'm married and have a house of my own but most likely I'll hire Jillian to do my decorating every year.


Ian and Dad's idea of fixed.



No comments: