Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23, 2011

Today is a pretty regular day. But I have been blooming. I sometimes like to type a word that has to do with my post into google images and see what comes up (I realize this is risky business and only a couple of times have I regretted it after the images come up). Today I typed, "Bloom" and this is what came up.


Of course. What was I thinking?


This is what I had in mind. I have been doing pretty well on my goal to do something every day to "bloom where I am planted." Saturday was pretty simple: I drove in a traffic jam. 

I'd never seen anything like it. At one point I just stopped and let the cars in front, to the side, and behind me just do their thing because I'm pretty sure that no one cared if they hit another car as long as they got where they were going. I'm starting to rethink my previous post where I said Texans were courteous drivers... 

So that's not much, but it's something. Yesterday was a little more promising. I went out of my comfort zone at church. I decided I need to connect more with the other wives that are here with their husbands who are selling with Ian. And you know men, they don't make those kinds of connections, or arrange anything really, so I had to do it myself. I talked with the Manager's wife, exchanged phone numbers, and hopefully will be more in the loop from now on.

Today I went to the gym, grocery shopped, and caught up on schoolwork. Not anything too exciting, but those things have to be done too I suppose. 

I also finished "The Hunger Games" series. I have mixed feelings on it... anyway. Have a good Monday!

No comments: