Friday, October 24, 2008

Yeah, I'm jealous

So, I'm not meaning for this to turn into a blog just about Ian but he told me a cool story and I was pretty excited so I thought I'd share it will the three of you who take the time to read this blog (you know who you are!). Here it is in his words:


"I met a rather amazing fellow last Friday. I think you might be familiar with him. His name is Russel M. Nelson. He´s kinda old and is a retired Surgeon, but super cool. If you´ve not figured it out by now, he´s an Apostle of the Lord. One of the 12. He came to our mission to talk to us and it was way super cool. Because unlike when Elder Holland came, there was few enough of us that it was a lot more of a relaxed environment. (I have no idea how to spell things in english anymore...) We all got to shake his hand and everything. It is really really special, when an Apostle of the Lord is shaking your hand, and then looks you in the eyes and thanks you for your work. I´m the one that should be thanking him. Not the other way around. It really was pretty amazing."


I'm really glad he takes the time to share experiences like this. I don't know if he realizes how much it helps me. Missions are so cool! I love being a missionary slut!



I'm not exactly sure who's all in this picture. All I know is Elder Jardine's on the far right and Elder Anderson is the guy in the back on the left (you can only see his eyes). And of course, Elder Nelson and Elder Harwell are in the middle, just in case you missed that one.

No comments: