Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sick to my stomach

Life is fragile. I think it's something that we all take for granted sometimes. And it seems like when we do, the Lord sends reminders that shock us back into reality. My Mom and I were driving home from Kohl's last night and we passed by the scene of what we were both positive was a fatal accident. I didn't see much but what I did see shook me up pretty bad for the rest of the night. My sister called this morning and told us that one of her best friends was in the accident. I've heard a bunch of different versions of what actually happened so I'm not quite sure about the details. She was life-flighted to U of U hospital (which is not a good sign, her injuries must've been extensive) but her little sister was pronounced dead at the scene. My heart is just aching for her family right now! But the silver lining to these horribly gray clouds is my testimony of the atonement and the plan of salvation. How grateful I am to have that knowledge and for a deeply loving Heavenly Father who takes an awful tragedy like this one and turns it into a growing experience for all who are involved. Buckle up and drive safe guys, this is one experience I would hate to relive.

No comments: