Thursday, November 20, 2014

Happy Birthday to our Favorite Brother!

Ian is 22 today!

Don't you just want to pinch those little cheeks?

Mom: Happy 22!  What a great son!!  You are the best!  You are a great brother to your sisters.  You are a loyal friend.  And what a sense of humor. Under it all is a tender heart. More than once, I've been told that Callie and Mattie want to find someone to marry someone who is just like you.   Need I say more?  No, but I will.  I am so happy to have you home for this birthday. This next year holds great potential for new things to happen.  I'm glad to have a front seat to watch your life unfold. I couldn't be more proud. Tons of Love, Mom

Unibomber.
Dad: Ian is and always will be my Bud! He has taught me that a father can look up to his boy because of the code that Ian lives his life by, and his zeal for the gospel and all that is good. It makes me want to be a better father and human being. I'm so proud of Ian and thankful that he is my son. Even though he shoulda been named Kedrick.

Just goofin' off.

Cori: There are so many things I could say about you, Bud. I'm lucky enough to be the only kid in our family that remembers the day you were born. Meg and I were at a neighbor's house and Dad called and said, "Did you know you have a little brother?" I was so excited! Then we went to the hospital and no one would let me hold you because I was too little. I was as mad as a little 4-year-old could be! You have the purest of golden hearts and everyone who knows you is better for it. I'm so grateful that you have let me be your big sister, but more importantly, your friend. Love you!

Bud's sweet high school ride.
Ian: I remember when I left on my mission, he was just a wee little tot, then by the time I got back he grew like 4 feet. Between the smiting and the mansioning, we've gotten to be good friends. We've got more in common than just our names. He's a good guy and a good example to all of us. Happy Birthday, psuedobrother.

Ian's graduation day.
Meg: Ian knows exactly what to say to make me laugh. I have a million memories which ended with everyone laughing to the point of tears. He is so dedicated and smart. I couldn't ask for a better brother! Love you, Bud!

These two could be models.
Jillian: Ian and I have always been really close. Whether it was building Lego houses, riding bikes, playing night games or stomping through the snow in search of a lost Barbie doll together, Ian and I have been bestest buds. He is the smartest, kindest, funniest person I know. He is my favorite kind of weird. He has the best one-liners. I sure do love my older brother! Thanks, Ian, for always cheering me up and looking out for me! I'm the luckiest little sister out there!


Happy Birthday, little brother. We love you!

No comments: