Monday, August 1, 2011

Words to live by for the day

"You will find that somewhere between setting and reaching a goal, you’ll end up in the muck and mire of the arena of life. That’s when you have to increase your persistence. Don’t change the goal. Don’t say, “The goal wasn’t good because I have manure on my boots.” Don’t say, “I must not be capable of reaching that goal.” Say, “I’ve got to work harder, try harder, get up earlier, study harder, go to church more, pray harder, follow the principles of the gospel.” Be persistent. Then you will reach those goals and find yourself becoming the person you imagine yourself to be." -KIETH MERRILL

Read the rest of his article here. Seriously, do it. It's really good.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Missing my little Bub, but neat to see how all this makes sense to you now and how you are using it in your life. Glad you'll be back soon - the Carter Girls have missed you!