Monday, August 15, 2011

One last hurrah!

Well, we're down to our last two days of our summer adventure. And what a crazy ride it's been! We decided to have a little fun for our last weekend in town and went to the beach yesterday. I didn't really want to go at first but I'm glad Ian talked me into it, because it was so great! We drove about 70 miles from our apartment in Mission to South Padre Island. It's the same island as the beaches in Corpus where on, but just further down. I really loved the beaches in Corpus, but the water was really mucky and was usually full of seaweed. I guess I didn't know any better... The southern end of the island had perfect sand and clear blue water. It was absolutely beautiful, and a perfect way to end our time in Texas.

Driving over the bridge on our way to The Island.

After a swim.

Out in the waves

There were these little burrows all over the sand in the water.
We tried  to dig a few up, but didn't find what was in there.
We probably killed whatever it was in the process... Oops...

Picture perfect beach scene.

Further down the Island

Some little kids nearby built this cool sand castle.

These little tiny shells were everywhere! I thought they were cute.
PS We took this picture with Ian's phone. Great camera, don't you think?

Gorgeous Texas sunset

I love evenings on the beach.

No comments: