Friday, August 5, 2011

Last day of school!

It's the end of summer semester and I got a 4.0 (I think)!!!! Yay!!!

oh wait...


Fall semester starts in 3 weeks....


Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

One more semester and I'm ready to apply for Nursing school. HOLY COW! I can't even believe it myself. I've fought this school thing tooth and nail. Seriously, ask Ian. He has to give me a pep talk at least bi-weekly. My main struggle has been convincing myself that I should do this when I'm in such a good place right now. I have a GREAT job, which I absolutely love, and it's hard to have the perspective about school that I need to be successful. With my friends all getting ready to graduate and my track record with school, it's hard not to feel like the opportunity hasn't already passed me by, or that I'll never get there.

But, I distinctly remember talking to my mom when I was driving home from school one day, just talking about my classes, and I said, "I guess that's what happens when you finally get on the path the Lord wants you to be on." I could barely finish my sentence because I was so overwhelmed with the conformation of how true what I had just said was. I just wish it wasn't so hard to REMEMBER that. The other thing I realized (after Ian's most recent pep talk) is that I'm not just doing this for me. I'm doing this to benefit my husband and our future family. I'm sharing the load with my husband and giving him the assurance that if a situation were to arise when he wouldn't be able to provide for our family, he has an educated wife with the ability to take the reins. I'm abandoning my selfish desires and allowing myself to be molded into the person I'm supposed to be. So, yeah, I'm still resisting, but slowly and surely I'll get there.