Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Ian! (2009 edition)

Well, here we are again, one year later celebrating my favorite person in the whole world's birthday. I just wanted to tell you all, again, how extremely grateful I am to have such an amazing person in my life. I know everyone says that, but it's really true. I had to laugh the other day as I was going through my old high school notebooks. I found a page where I had described, in perfect detail, my ideal guy. Aside from the fact that this fantasy person had brown curly hair and a British accent (Yes, I really did write that), I described Ian pretty much to a T. So much of what I am today comes from what he's taught me. He's like no one I've ever met before. He has a passion for life that I haven't seen in many other people. He's taught me so much about faith, forgiveness, trust, expression, confidence and happiness. There's definitely more to that list, I just can't think of any more at 11:30 at night. I remember while he was still in the MTC, I wrote him a letter and mentioned that I was struggling big time with Biology. His advice in his reply letter was, "Before you study, say a prayer and read a chapter in the Book of Mormon. Things will be more clear with the help of the spirit." It was such a simple thing, but it made a huge difference. He's helped me put a lot of things like that in perspective and kept me from completely losing it on quite a few occasions. He really does make me want to be the best version of myself, and not only that but makes me believe it's possible. Happy Birthday babe. I'm glad we get to celebrate you being in the world because my life would be a whole lot different (and SO not as wonderful) without you. Love you!

PS I just had to show you all this. The parted hair is pretty much my favorite thing right now. Love it!



No comments: