Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ok, I just need to say this and let it be said

So, I really like facebook. I check it all the time! I have the app on my iPhone so whenever I have a minute or so, I'll log on and see what people are up to. But let me tell you what I really can't stand lately: status updates. I think it's high time we all realize that sometimes some things are better kept to yourself. For instance: "Sometimes it sucks being a girl sometimes..." Seriously? We all know what you're referring to, and quite frankly, we don't wanna know! I'm not sure as to what the motivation for a status update like that is, but let's just sum it up by saying, if it has something to do with a bodily function, it's probably best left off of facebook (or any other public forum for that matter). It's just gross. Secondly, I say let's ditch the negativity too. I know that it is your right to put whatever you want on your status on facebook, but why would you want to be viewed as a negative person all the time? Sympathy? Well, I guarantee that 99% of your friends are going to skim it and skip right over it without giving it a second thought. How about whenever you feel like making a status update talking about how unhappy you are, look for something positive to write instead. I guarantee finding something positive to talk about will be a lot more beneficial than talking about how much life sucks. Just a thought. I understand that everyone needs a minute to vent their frustrations, but don't use a public forum to do it. Call a friend, or go for a walk, anything. I guarantee finding something positive to talk about will be a lot more beneficial than talking about how much life sucks. Just a thought. I don't mean to ruffle any feathers here, I just think we're not doing each other any favors by focusing on the negative all the time.

1 comment:

Doris said...

You should post this on facebook