Saturday, February 20, 2010

Home

So after months of sappy posts about how much I can't wait to see Ian, he's finally home!! And can I just tell you, wow! It's been the best four days! I was super nervous starting about the week before he came home. I was worried that the relationship we had through emails and the relationship we would have in person wouldn't be the same. I realized less than 24 hours after I first saw him how silly it was to worry. Everything was exactly as I imagined it, only about 20,000 times better.

Wednesday morning started out bright and early (6:30 to be exact) with a stomach full of butterflies. I can't remember a time in my life when I felt so nervous! I was literally shaking from head to toe. I spent the morning getting ready and wanting time to pass quickly. Finally, after what seemed like about 20 years, it was time to leave for the airport. We waited outside of security, again for what seemed like years, but really ended up only being about 30 minutes or so. We were surrounded by a whole bunch of people who were waiting for people he served with. It was funny to look around at all the signs and see all the families of the people Ian had mentioned in his letters.

The loooooooooooooooong wait

Ian's uncle Scott made fun of us for our "low tech" sign and showed off the one he made for him on his google phone. I thought it was pretty clever...

I must say, although I tease them about it all the time, I'm really glad Ian's parents and sister are such talented photographers and have such a knack for capturing the perfect moments. Like this one for instance:


That's the look he had on his face the first time I saw him. And I'm pretty sure if there was a picture of me, it would look about the same. I was radiant.

Us just a few minutes after seeing each other for the first time in 2 years.

The first thing he wanted to eat after being out of the country for that long was, of course, Chinese food. I'm never opposed to that idea, so we headed down to Murray to go get some. He spent lots of time talking about being a missionary and different things he did while in Argentina. It was fun to listen to him talk about all those great memories.

Sitting next to each other at lunch

Our hands just happened to be in the same place at the same time.

We spent the rest of the day visiting with friends and catching up on episodes of The Office that he hadn't seen yet. And maybe cuddling just a little bit... He might've kissed me later that night too.... :)

We went snowboarding on Thursday. Snowboarding's kind of our thing. It's where we had the most "couple moments" before we were actually dating. A lot of my favorite memories of him involve us up on the slopes. It was such a great day!

pretty much my new favorite picture EVER!

I didn't take any pictures of Friday and Saturday, but they were so great too. Mostly filled with watching movies and eating lots of high calorie foods... Pizza at the Pi in Salt Lake on Friday, and Cheeseburgers at JCW's for lunch today. (Do you see why I love him?) I can't even express to you how amazing these last four days have been. We have this whole new thing going and I'm loving every minute of it. He's so incredibly kind, considerate, funny, spontaneous, and handsome. (I mean really, who could resist those dark brown eyes?) I'm so lucky to be in love with my very best friend. I'll keep you updated on all of our crazy adventures; I'm sure there will be lots.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

You two are the CUTEST EVER!! I'm so happy for you!!