Friday, January 10, 2014

Student Nurse

I know everyone has been waiting with extreme anticipation to find out how my first week of school went.

Well, it was pretty first-week-of-school...ish. My professors have been throwing around Buzz Words like "prioritize" and "critical thinking" and it seems the point of most of what we do is to train our minds to think in a different way. It's challenging, but I'm enjoying it so far.

One of the biggest adjustments for me is having professors that genuinely seem to care about whether or not I do well in their class. In the past I've either had to seek out my instructors during their arbitrary office hours, or figure out how to do it by myself. Now, I have the cell phone numbers of all my professors and they all have given me permission to request their help if I need it, and assured me they would be available anytime. What a change.

As if my life weren't crazy enough, I started a new job last week too. I work for a company that does life insurance exams. I'm the one that goes to the applicants' houses and draws blood and has them sign the paperwork. It really is the perfect job for me right now. I can do as much or as little as I want and if I need time off, I just block it out of my schedule. It's fantastic! I'm thrilled to be so blessed.

No comments: