Friday, December 23, 2011

It's the holiday season...


This season has been good for me. I've been busy, as always, but I feel like I've taken more time to sit back and enjoy the spirit of the Christmas season. I've listened to more Christmas music on Pandora than I have in probably the last five years combined. Thanks to Pinterest I've been able to explore my creative side and confirm to myself and others that I really can create something more than slightly artistic.

Case in point:



Yeah, I totally made this guy by myself. I am Becky's daughter after all. :)

I've been volunteering up at Primary Children's for the past couple months, and it has been such a great experience. It's amazing to see the resilience of kids and to observe their pure happiness and good attitudes even when they're sick. So, of course I had to make it to the Festival of Trees this year. Ian was a good sport and came along for the trip, even though he didn't really want to. 


This was part of the gingerbread house contest. A Rapunzel castle from Tangled.


I couldn't resist a picture of this. Notice Carl, Russell and Doug on the front lawn. So cute!!


The U


My favorite tree of the festival. I shot my eye out!
Also notice Flik on the top with his tongue stuck to the pole. 
I thought it was terribly clever.


Up was a popular theme this year evidently. 



I liked the presents underneath the tree for all the characters.



The second official Harwell Family Christmas Tree!!

No comments: